|Skyscanner Search Anywhere||Priceline Express Deals For Flights|
Search anywhere, get the cheapest flight from your city and get going!!
Ever felt like just packing your bags and go out anywhere in the world? Is the flight cost stopping you from taking on this adventure?
Google Flights Explore map helps you find cheapest flight tickets by leveraging Google Flights Search anywhere. Just leave the destination blank and it will list out the airfare from your origin city to all over the world!!
Worry not, this Hack will get you the cheapest destination anywhere in the world!
Need details? Keep on reading
You may also like to know about all 7 Google Flights Hacks That will get you cheap flights.
If you believe Its good to know what GoogleFlight competitors are offering, Skyscanner Flights Hacks for Cheap airfare will definitely interest you.
Table of Contents
Is Google Flights Search Anywhere same as Google Flight Explore?
Well, search anywhere is one of the hack you can apply in Flight explore option of Google Flights.
So, both are different as you can do many other search using explore but search anywhere is when you leave the destination blank so as to search around the world by zooming in or out on the map.
What is Google Flight Explore?
Google Flight Explore is one of the tool provided by Google Flights that give you the maximum flexibility with respect to your origin, destination, date of travel to ensure you will be able to get the cheapest flights for your travel.
How to use Google Flights Explore?
Once you are on the home page of Google Flights, on the left-hand side you will see an icon with the text Explore.
Well, that’s what it is.. wear your voyager hat and start exploring!
Note: If you want only flight option, select travel mode as “Flights Only”
Google flight explore gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of:
1. Search Anywhere by leaving the destination field blank.
2. Flexibility to search across a full month or 6 months
3. Ability to apply multiple filters in order to quickly get what you are looking for.
How does Google Flights Explore Maps work?
1. Just Enter your location (location from you will be getting on the flight)
2. Enter the destination :
- You can enter a continent,
- A country,
- A place or
- Just leave it blank
The Gif below shows the whole process
By default it will show you local flights if you leave destination blank, but as you zoom out, it will show you flights around the world.
If you are interested in a particular area like US West coast or Europe or Asia, just zoom to that part and all the cheapest flights will be displayed.
Note: Multiple destinations not allowed, that would have been a cool feature… or in fact, two options: Domestic and International would have been great.
On selecting it would have displayed all the domestic cheapest options. (if you enter no destination, this is what it will return based on your from location)
On selecting International, it would have returned cheapest options all over the world.
3. In the date field, select flexible dates:
- You can either enter a month
- Enter 1 week or weekend
- Select All will give you wide range of options.
4. Check out the price tags on your destination and select the one most suited for you.
You can adjust your schedule once you get an idea of how the flight rates are around the world.
Limitations of GoogleFlights search anywhere
While this tool is amazing, it has few limitations:
- It search just 6 month in advance. In case you need to go beyond that, select the date calendar.
- The results are not sorted by price and you will have to look around for the cheapest.
Advantages of Google Flights search anywhere
All the major airports are marked clearly around the location along with the point of interest.
This makes your decision easy on what other tourist attractions to cover in your journey.
How To Get The Best Of Google Flights search anywhere
You can get a birds eye view by looking for the cheapest flights using Google Flights search anywhere or explore map tool.
Once you find something worth going for, note down the destination, the month, duration and make use of another tool offered by Google Flights- Google Flights calendar or Google Flights Grid view
Enter the Origin, Destination, month and look for the specific day.
Out of box suggestion for Google:
Adding space travel as one of the options will make Google Flights future-ready 😝
To answer multiple questions like Which city has cheapest flights from, check out the table below:
Use search anywhere, just enter the “From” city and leave the destination blank. It will answer all your questions listed on the right hand side.
By default it will show cities near you, To see the world view, zoom out from the map or enter the country name.
|Which City has Cheapest flights from Mumbai/Delhi/Atlanta or any city?|
|Which country has Cheapest airfare from India?|
Which city has cheapest flight to Goa?
Hmm, this would have been a cool feature but unfortunately you cannot search without entering “From” city for the search. You can enter multiple city though and search.
How to use filters on Google Flights Explore Maps to get what is good for you
You can add the following filters:
1. Price: Use the slider below the search section to set the maximum amount you are willing to spend on this adventure travel.
2. Number of Stops: If you do not want to waste time waiting to catch the connecting flight.
3. Travel Mode: You can select destinations that need travel by Car after landing at an airport.
4. Interests: You can select Popular, Outdoors, Beaches, Museums, History, Skiing in case you have any preference.
5. Airlines: You can set your preference if you have any on flights.
6. Bags: You can select the carry-on bags allowed.
7. Duration: If you don’t want very long flights, you can set duration here.
Is Google flights explore map gone?
No, the Google flights explore map is not gone, it’s under the Explore option from the left-hand side of the Home page.
What is Google Flights Search anywhere?
If your intention is to go anywhere in the world that offers the cheapest flight tickets, use the Google Flights Search Anywhere aka Explore Maps option.
How to get Google flights App?
At the time of writing this post, Google flights did not have any mobile app. The rich features of the flight search engine are most useful while using a desktop/laptop.
Google Flights Explore Maps could be a good “blind travel” option if you like the way it works.
Read more Google flight hacks to save money on Google Flights